Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial 75

This is the last Tuesday of the month! Hard to believe. I hope you are enjoying my weekly tutorials. If you are, I would really like to hear your comments and appreciate your shares and 'likes'.

I used the Wild about Flowers stamp set for this card. This card is a simple, single layer card. There aren't any fancy techniques. The Gorgeous Grunge splatter stamp pulls it all together to create a unified piece. That's my tip for the day...use a stamp, such as the stamps that are in the Gorgeous Grunge set, that can be stamped over 'white' area in a piece to add interest and pull the entire piece together. 

The Wild about Flowers stamp set has a couple of sentiments that are specifically for retirement cards. I have had several teacher friends retire recently and have a couple more coming up, so I thought that the Writing Note stamp, stamped as the background, would be perfect for the occasion. The Writing Note stamp can be omitted and just the splatter stamp used and it will still be a nice retirement card.

Tuesday Tutorial 75, Stampin' Up!, Stamp with Trude, Wild about Flowers, retirement card

You can get the tutorial now by using this link.

Have a Happy New Year!
Trude 


1 comment:

  1. Susie asked, "Where's the color?"
    Well, I think that sometimes it is nice to try a monochromatic card. But if you want to add some color I would suggest using some Always Artichoke and Elegant Eggplant. Nothing too bright.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment Here!