Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Paper Pumpkin Thank You Card

This month Technique Time Tuesday had an interesting Technique to share. I created the card, but didn't ever get it linked to their blog. I have been too busy dealing with things concerning the accident that my husband was in at the beginning of March.
Still, I thought I would share it with you because I hadn't seen it before. They call it "Caught in Crystal". Here is the card I created for the challenge. You should go check out their blog and see all the cards people created.

http://stampwithtrude.blogspot.com Stampin' Up! paper pumpkin thank you card by Trude Thoman

There is a tutorial on Technique Time Tuesday that explains how you create the "Caught in Crystal" piece so I will only explain it briefly.
Use a 3" x 3" piece of window sheet. Stamp with Stazon ink on the front. When it is dry, turn it over and coat the back side with Crystal Effects. You can add a drop or two, depending on the intensity of the color that you want, of reinker and blend it into the crystal effects. Now lightly sprinkle some glitter over the crystal effects. Stamp a "background" image onto 3 x 3 inch tissue paper, turn it over and stick it onto the crystal effects. Press it gently into the crystal effects then let it dry and use it for your art piece on a card. That's basically the process.

The supplies I used were mostly from the March Stampin' Up! My Paper Pumpkin kit.
If you would like to try out My Paper Pumpkin you can click here

I hope you try this technique.
Have a great day!
Trude

To my Stampin' Up! online store

To my Star Crafter Club


To Contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!