Friday, June 27, 2014

By the Tide and Flamingo Lingo Card

When Stampin' Up! creates new stamp sets that have a nautical or beach theme I have to get it. I believe I have all their current sets with those themes.

My interest in ocean stuff extends to more than just cards. I have bright saltwater fish decorating my bathroom (previously it was decorated with shells). My bedroom is decorated with lighthouses.

I think that my love of the ocean and everything about it probably began when I was very young. My family visited my Aunt, Uncle and cousins who lived right above Agate Beach, Oregon. Today is my Aunt's and Uncle's 70th wedding anniversary! Happy Anniversary Doris and Roy! They still live near Newport, OR and I enjoy visiting with them occasionally.

all occasion greeting card
Flamingo Lingo stamp set
 

 A new stamp set that is in the new catalog is called Flamingo Lingo. It is a stamp set with a 'cause'. A portion of the proceeds from each set sold is given to the Ronald McDonald House. I love this year's set.

I used the flower and the "Happy Day" banner for today's card.
I also used the shell from the "By the Tide" stamp set which is a favorite of mine. It has been in the catalog for a couple of years now.

By the Tide stamp set

I sponged the background with Tempting Turquoise, Crumb Cake and Sahara Sands Classic Stampin' inks. The Shell is stamped in Brown Sugar and sponged with Crisp Cantaloupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!