Wednesday, June 11, 2014

By the Seashore Banner

Hello, I've been distracted lately and haven't posted like I should.
Today I jammed my toe, want to see a photo?

 See that little spot of jam? Guess what kind it its?
That's right! It is strawberry jam making season! This is the BEST kind of toe jam! Susie and I bought some Hood strawberries at a nearby farm stand. Hood berries are wonderful jam berries. When I was younger, much younger, I used to pick Hood strawberries for Smuckers at a farm in Oregon City. Those were the days! I believe we got paid about 75 cents for a crate (flat) and the crates were larger than they are now days.
Susie and I had a counter full of sweet red strawberry jam filled containers by the time we were through.

Yesterday Susie and I finished our summer beach banners. It was well past time, in my opinion, to take down my spring one. The spring banner was lovely, but I love summer best. Here's how mine turned out. I don't have a photo of Susie's. I will have to get her to send me one so that I can post it too. Hers is different than mine.


I love going to the beach and these elements remind me of a wonderful day down on the Oregon Coast.
The pop bottle, pail and shovel are printed from My Digital Studio (©Stampin' Up!). The crab and shells are from the By the Seashore stamp set.

I have a couple more projects to share, so see you back soon!
Trude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!