Monday, September 15, 2014

Valentine's Day Card

Too Busy To Stamp!
Have you ever been too busy to stamp? I try hard NOT to be that busy. Sometimes other things just stack up on me and I don't get into my studio for a few days, or get on the computer to post anything on my blog for a few days. Well, that is how it has been for me the last few days.

Here's a look at what kept me out of my stamp room on Friday.

stampwithtrude.blogspot.com Octoberfest Mt. Angel Oregon
Mt. Angel students waiting to dance

stampwithtrude.blogspot.com Octoberfest Mt. Angel Oregon
Older Mt Angel students doing a weaving dance

stampwithtrude.blogspot.com Octoberfest Mt. Angel Oregon
Salzburger Echo warming up the Alpenhorns before the concert in the church

stampwithtrude.blogspot.com Octoberfest Mt. Angel Oregon
Tyrolean Dancers
Yup, we visited Mt Angel for Octoberfest. Susie, my husband and I had a long day walking around the town, checking out the antique stores, craft booths, food booths and the performers at the bandstand. We had a warm, wonderful day.

Stampin' Up! Valentine's Day card by Trude Thoman http://stampwithtrude.blogspot.com Seasonally Scattered stamp set

Are you ready for Valentine's Day? I know, silly question! It is time to prepare fall and Christmas projects, not time to think about next year's projects and holidays!

I just wanted to show you what I did with one of the sets that are in the Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog right now. Stampin' Up! usually puts in a couple of Valentine related items for those of you that like to be ready for holidays 6 months in advance! No that is not really me, I usually am only a month or two at the most, ahead of the holiday.

This set is called Seasonally Scattered and it is on page 43 in the Holiday catalog.
I used Blushing Bride, Whisper White, and Real Red card stocks, plus red glimmer paper for the punched hearts.

Tip: I added Dazzling Details glitter to the Cherry Cobbler embossing powder to add a little more sparkle to the card.

The white striped lines and the white "splatter" are from the Gorgeous Grunge set, stamped with craft white ink. I also used the Chalk Marker to fill in the word inside the Scattered Sentiment.

If you are curious about what kept me from my stamping studio on Sunday, check back tomorrow!
 
Thanks for checking out my blog today!
Have a Blessed Day,
Trude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!