Monday, May 26, 2014

By the Seashore Father's Day Card HSSSC186

Just as I promised, here is another masculine card. I used it for a Father's Day card but it would work great for a birthday or general Thinking of You card.

I used this Hand Stamped Sentiment Sketch Challenge (HSSSC186) but turned it upside down.

Father's Day, Masculine, Birthday

 

 

Just as in yesterday's card, I used a piece of sandpaper to embellish this card. It gives it texture and adds the 'feel' of being on a beach (plus many men can relate to sandpaper! *smile*) The Stamp sets I used are By the Seashore and Teeny Tiny Wishes.

I would love to have been at the Oregon Coast this weekend. A couple of my friends that did go said that there were orca within sight of the beach. I guess the weather was great too!

I will just have to settle for my beachy cards for now.

I'm just starting to try my hand with alcohol markers. I used them to color the shells. I used watercolor paper on which to stamp and color. I tried the Whisper White card stock first, which is recommended, but think I will continue to use the watercolor paper until I have had some more practice.
I hope you had a great Memorial day weekend!
Trude

5 comments:

  1. Great Card!!! Love the color combo!!! Love the use of sandpaper- what great texture!!! Great coloring of the shells!!! Perfect Father's Day Card!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is full of great texture and color perfect for the ocean theme. I love how you have colored the shells. We're glad you played along with our sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful father's day card! I love the seashells and pretty colors! Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, the layout looks great flipped. And your use of sandpaper is so clever! You're right, men can certainly appreciate that little touch! Good luck with your use of the Blendabilities markers, I'm afraid I haven't given them much use yet :) Thanks so much for playing at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the colors and textures and I love that you flipped the sketch...it turned out beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment Here!