Sunday, July 6, 2014

Red, White and Blue Patriotic Star Card

Here's the card that I was going to share for the 4th of July.

I used the Stampin' Up! stamp set, "Be the Star", to create this card. I used the layered stamp to stamp on the back of the glimmer paper and cut out the different layers, then piled up the glimmer layers.

The background stars were created with the new Decorative star mask (#133777). 

The layout is a Mojo Monday sketch from several years ago. I like to challenge myself to come up with cards using past sketches. There are so many sketches that I haven't tried yet that I am sure I won't run out any time soon!

Paper:
Whisper White card stock, Night of Navy card stock, Regals Designer Series paper, Maritime Designer series paper, silver glimmer paper, red glimmer paper

Ink:
Whisper White craft ink, Smoky Slate classic Stampin' ink, Jet Stazon to stamp the stars on the back of the glimmer paper as a pattern for cutting them out.

Stamp set: Be the Star

Other: White embossing powder with Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' glitter mixed into it.
Basic Rhinestone jewels colored with cherry cobbler blendabilities marker (darkest value).
Decorative star mask, Dimensionals, corner rounder punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!