Monday, February 23, 2015

Welcome Banner Vintage Style

This is the Welcome Banner that was created for this month's banner class.






You will notice in the close-up shots that there are a few items that are not Stampin' Up! I wanted a vintage look and I just kept adding things. I have some Stampin' Up! buttons on there, but added some from my collection of extra buttons. I also added some beads around the buttons to fill it in a little. The beads are also not Stampin' Up! And I must confess that I do not have any Stampin' Up! Alphabet stamps or dies...well, I do, but they are tucked away on another shelf because Stampin' Up! retired my sets and I haven't replaced them with the new sets. I pulled out some rub-ons that I had from years ago and used them. But if you have Stampin' Up! letters or dies you can use them. If you use the letter stamps just stamp the letters with white craft ink, wait for them to dry (or use a heat tool to hurry the process) and then color over the letters with your desired color of Blendabilities. Works beautifully!

Products I used:
Baked Brown Sugar card stock, Very Vanilla card stock, Basic Black card stock, Typset Specialty Designer Series paper, Natural Filter paper, Gold Baker's twine, Linen thread, Regals and Subtles Designer Buttons, Stampin' Sponges, Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' ink pad, Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' ink pad, 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, Project Life corner punch, Beautifully Baroque embossing folder, Stampin' Up! Bigz Large doily die (retired), sewing machine to ruffle filter paper, Pary Pennants Bigz L die

4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! I love the colors and the ribbon treatment. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. It is definitely a "Step-up" project with the ruffling of all the filter paper!

      Delete
  2. This is lovely! What an elegant banner... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. It took me a couple of days to design this one. I just couldn't stop adding things to it!

      Delete

Leave a comment Here!