Monday, April 13, 2015

Easter Treat Bag Topper

This was something fun that I made for Easter. A friend posted the recipe on Facebook. She probably got it from Pinterest. It is called Easter Treat and it is a recipe from Connie Brumley Sutton.

stampwithtrude.blogspot.com , Trude Thoman, Easter Treat bag

The treat is made with mini pretzels, popcorn, rice chex, almond bark, Peanut M&Ms and Easter sprinkles. It got great reviews.

I decided to use some printed card stock from a Martha Stewart stack that I bought at least 5 years ago. It included stickers and I thought that would make some quick decorations. 

I used the Stampin' Up! Top Note die to cut the paper. Then I used the Modern Label punch, the Word Window punch and the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set for the Easter greeting.

When I pulled the sticker off the backing sheet to apply it to the bag topper I discovered that the sticker was printed on the backing sheet! In other words, what was suppose to be the backing sheet that releases the label was actually the card stock sticker sheet that was suppose to be printed. So that means that the printed part was printed on the release paper and would not stick to the bag topper. That type of release paper WILL NOT stick with double side tape, glue or any other adhesive. I had to use a brad to attach it to the bag topper. If I had purchased the paper stack within the last 30 days I would have returned it to the craft store. I purchased it too long ago to do anything about it.

Have a blessed day,
Trude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!