Tuesday, August 5, 2014

3rd of 5 CASEd Stampin' Up! Cards

Hello,
Welcome back to my blog for the 3rd card in the series of Stampin' Up! CASEd cards.

Have you found all the cards, so far, in the Occasions catalog?

stampwithtrude.blogspot.com Gorgeous Grunge Stampin' Up! greeting card


I used a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" folded Whisper White card stock base to build my card on, but it would look great using a Very Vanilla card base or the Naturals Ivory card stock for the base. I then layered a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of Hello Honey card stock onto the base.

For the next layer I used Naturals Ivory card stock. I spritzed it with Delightful Daffodil reinker mixed with alcohol in a Stampin' Spritzer. You could use Hello Honey, I just used what I already had made up from a previous project. Then I used two different Gorgeous Grunge stamps. I stamped the medium size splatter several times with Hello Honey ink. Each time I stamped off once to remove some of the ink so it wouldn't be as intense when I stamped it on the paper. I then used the long stripe stamp with Tangerine Tango, also stamped off before stamping on the card. Then I sponged the edges with Tangerine Tango.

Next I used a Starburst framelit to cut a piece of Flowerpot Designer Series Paper. I adhered it to the Naturals Ivory card stock, tucking a piece of Hello Honey 3/8" stitched satin ribbon under the lower right corner, and used my sewing machine to stitch around the edges twice. Then I adhered the piece to the card base.

Then I used a sentiment from the Feel Goods stamp set and stamped with Jet Black Stazon ink onto a piece of Naturals Ivory card stock. After stamping the sentiment I used a circle framelit to cut it out (it just barely fits, so alignment is very precise). I used Hello Honey ink to stamp the sun rays from Kinda Eclectic stamp set, which I stamped off once first so that it wouldn't be as intense. I adhered the circle to the left side of the Sunburst background to complete the card.

That's it for today. I hope you are enjoying this series and will come back tomorrow to check out what I am up to!

Have a Wonderful Day!
Trude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!