I finally finished this patriotic banner that I was going to hang up for the month of July. I guess I will have to wait until next year. I started it before I left for vacation, but didn't get it all done.
The Rosettes were made from retired Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper. You can use the Brights Designer Series Paper stack instead. The banners were made with the Build a Banner Simply Created Kit.
The banners are real easy to make with the kit. The kit includes the stencils for the dots, lines, zigzags and letters. The kit also comes with 3 different banner shapes (6 each for a total of 18) and the twine to string them on.
The last time I used the kit was for a Christmas banner and I used the Stampin' Spritzers. They worked okay, but were a bit messy. I decided to try using the Stampin' Sponges to sponge on the ink this time and I think it worked just as well or better.
The huge rosettes are a bit tricky. I tried using some hot glue to hold them together. I punched a 2 1/2" circle and applied the glue to the circle, then tried to place it on the back of the rosette. Finally I tried using some Scotch quick dry tacky glue and my heat tool to warm it up, just a little, and then when it was set and not moving I applied hot glue under the circles where it met each ridge. What I really wished that I had available was the Jumbo Sticky Rounds from Stampin' Up! I could have just slapped it onto the back of the punched circle and then onto the rosette and voila' instant success! I am going to have to get some in my next order!
On the fronts of the rosettes I glued red and silver glimmer paper stars. I cut the stars with the new framelits.
Here's the supply list with links to my Stampin' Store:
Some of the above are the products I used and some of them are the products that can be substituted or that I wished I had used.
Thanks for stopping by and checking it out!