Friday, August 22, 2014

Kinda Eclectic Ray of Sunshine Greeting Card

Ray of Sunshine and Kinda Eclectic greeting card

c and Ray of Sunshine stamp sets http://stampwithtrude.blogspot.com
I love how this card turned out. The two Stampin' Up! stamp sets work well together. The sunburst from the Kinda Eclectic set is a quick alternative to stamping each ray, in the Ray of Sunshine set, individually.

I began by watercoloring the background with an aqua painter and ink picked up from the lids of the ink pads.Next I punched out a 1 1/4" circle from a sticky note pad and adhered it to the art piece where I wanted the sun. I stamped the dots border by stamping off the ink once before stamping on the art piece. Then I stamped the sunburst over the sticky note, removed the note and stamped the face. To complete the art piece I stamped the sentiment, added Washi tape and punched small dots from gold foil paper to adhere around the sun's rays.

To complete the card I adhere it to a piece of cardstock mat and mounted it onto the designer series paper.

Here are the products that I used on this card:
Watercolor paper #122959
Lost Lagoon card stock #133679
Flowerpot Designer Series Paper #133698
Very Vanilla card stock #101650
Gold Foil Paper #132622
Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Ink #133644
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Ink #131173
Aqua Painter #103954
Washi Tape133000
1/16" circle punch #134363
1 1/4" circle punch #119861
Ray of Sunshine- wood #134339, clear #134210
Kinda Eclectic- wood #135347, clear #135350
2-Way glue #100425
sticky note pad

Have you tried the aqua painter for your watercolor projects? It is the best way for beginners to get started with watercolor techniques. Seasoned painters love them too! I'd love to hear some comments from you.

If you are looking for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator I would love to help you.

Sunshine Greetings!
Trude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!