Thursday, July 9, 2015

Throwback Thursday # 5

For this week's Throwback Thursday I chose the Nature's Secret stamp set from Stampin' Up! 2005.
I decided that I would combine it with one of their brand new stamp sets, Watercolor Wings.


Watercolor Wings, Nature's Secret, #stampinup, Trude Thoman, Throwback Thursday, greeting card
I created the card base (background) with the Watercolor Wings stamp set. It is a new stamp set that is really wonderful because each part of the butterfly is stamped separately. Yes, it takes a few minutes more, but it allows for limitless interpretations of color combinations. There are 5 parts to a basic butterfly. I only stamped in 2 colors but if I had used 5 colors you would have been able to see all the separate parts.

The background fill-dots are also a part of the Watercolor wings set. You can use them for added detail on the butterflies or as I used them here, as part of the background.

The butterfly in the square is from the Nature's secret set, as is the sentiment. I used one of the smaller butterfly stamps from the new set to add color to the butterfly in the old set.

The sentiment is stamped in Elegant Eggplant on vellum and then embossed with clear embossing powder but it probably would have been more readable if I had stamped it in Jet Black Stazon and skipped the embossing. With the Elegant Eggplant ink it had to be embossed to keep it from smearing.

I used Pink Pirouette ink, Wisteria Wonder ink, Elegant Eggplant ink, Whisper White card stock, Wisteria Wonder card stock, Elegant Eggplant card stock, clear embossing powder, Vellum, Nature's Secret stamp set, Watercolor Wings stamp set

Watercolor Wings
Thanks for checking out my blog today!
Trude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!