Thursday, August 6, 2015

Throwback Thursday # 9

For today's Throwback Thursday card I used two retired sets; Around and About and Mini Messages. It was a challenge for me to do something with the Around and About set. I looked for inspiration in magazines and on Pinterest. Finally I decided to use it in an unconventional way, to create a background. I also needed something to go inside the frames so I pulled out the Mini Messages set.

mpwithtrude.blogspot.com, Stampin' Up!, Around and About stamp set


I didn't have any black Stampin' Up! ribbon, retired or current, so I pulled out some retired Thick Twine and dyed it black (request this tutorial to learn how I did that). I decided to add a little extra sparkle to the card so I pulled out some heart rhinestones that I got on clearance at the local craft store...love to pick up embellishment on close-out after a holiday!

Retired products I used

  • Basic Black Textured card stock
  • Around and About stamp set
  • Mini Messages stamp set
  • Pistachio Pudding Thick Baker's Twine
  • Poppy Parade ink
  • Poppy Parade card stock

Current products I used

  • Whisper White card stock
  • Jet Black Stazon 
Other products
  • heart rhinestones from craft store 
Thanks for checking out my Thursday Throwback creation today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!