Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wednesday 101- The Basics

Here's a quick technique that adds a little extra touch to your paper crafts..

It's Faux stitching and you can either use a paper piercer free hand or you can use a template like I did. I used the Updated Basics template pack for these samples.

First I cut a piece of Pretty Petals Designer Series paper into a 2 inch by 6 inch strip. Actually, the paper is already 6 inches so I just cut a 2 inch strip of it. Then I used the Scallop Tag Topper punch to punch one end.
I used the Stampin' Up! pierce mat and paper piercing tool along with the piercing template. I lined up the sentiment down the center of the tag and pierced the holes.
I used a 4 1/4 x 2 1/2 piece of Color Me Irresistible Designer series paper to accent the tag. I sponged it with Real Red ink and then used a tissue to polish the color off the white embossed lines.
Use a White pen to simulate stitching. Here I used Stampin' Up!s white chalk marker.
I cut the green tag down to 4 3/4" and layered it over the Color Me Irresistible DSP. Then I used some fun Christmas ribbon to embellish the tag and finish it off.


Here's a little card I made with the Faux Stitching technique. I used it to accent the piece, both in the center and around the outside edges.


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have fun trying this technique on your cards and scrapbook pages.

Have a Blessed day,
Trude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!