Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday 201- Beyond the Basics

Welcome back to another addition of Wednesday 201- Beyond the Basics!

Today I want to show you a technique that I have just started to explore. You can create watercolor-like stamped cards. Here's How:

Choose a stamp...an outline image works well for this technique.
Use markers to color it in if it has different areas that would look good in different colors. Here I colored the center with Calypso Coral and the petals with Melon Mambo.

Mist the stamp with water until it beads up on the colored areas. I did try this several times with scratch paper until I got a 'feel' for the amount of water that worked best.

Stamp on watercolor paper or card stock. I got good results with both but for this piece I used watercolor paper. The intensity of the ink will vary, just as in a water-colored piece. I used a sponge dauber to daub on some So Saffron ink onto the bees after they dried.

And, here is the card that I created with the water-colored piece.

Wednesday 201, Beyond the Basics, Stampin Up, Trude Thoman, Garden in Bloom, watercolor technique, floral


Garden in Bloom

Honeycomb Textured Impressions folder

Check out the new Hostess Code Gift offer 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!