Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday 201- Beyond the Basics

Welcome back to another addition of Wednesday 201- Beyond the Basics!

Today I want to show you a technique that I have just started to explore. You can create watercolor-like stamped cards. Here's How:

Choose a stamp...an outline image works well for this technique.
Use markers to color it in if it has different areas that would look good in different colors. Here I colored the center with Calypso Coral and the petals with Melon Mambo.

Mist the stamp with water until it beads up on the colored areas. I did try this several times with scratch paper until I got a 'feel' for the amount of water that worked best.

Stamp on watercolor paper or card stock. I got good results with both but for this piece I used watercolor paper. The intensity of the ink will vary, just as in a water-colored piece. I used a sponge dauber to daub on some So Saffron ink onto the bees after they dried.

And, here is the card that I created with the water-colored piece.

Wednesday 201, Beyond the Basics, Stampin Up, Trude Thoman, Garden in Bloom, watercolor technique, floral


Garden in Bloom

Honeycomb Textured Impressions folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!