Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Wednesday 101- Stamping Basics

Faux Finishes-1

This is the first time I have tried this technique. I had heard about it, but hadn't tried it. 

1. Use a glossy sheet of paper. I started with a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".
2. Use sandpaper or a sanding block to sand in one direction and then sand in the opposite direction. 
3. Add ink. I used a brayer but you can sponge it on too. For the original technique this is all that you need to do and then you use it for a background in your stamped projects.

4. I added another step. I used the sanding block on it again to create some lighter areas.
Then I used it to create this card.
Embellished ornaments, Trude Thoman, Stamp with Trude, Stampin' Up!, Faux Linen Technique, Wednesday 101, Stamping basics
I used the embellished Ornaments bundle.
Embellished Ornaments bundle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment Here!